Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Amazing Moments and Lindy's Stamp Gang.

Hello Lindy's Lovers! Lisa here with another project that I hope will inspire you to antique a project. Sometimes I want to do pastels, sometimes I love deep rich colors, and sometimes I love a little antique vintage feel to my pages, as I did with this layout.
I started by adhering my paper to a piece of corrugated cardboard and roughing up the edges a bit. I used texture paste and a mask in a diagonal design. I brushed on a bit of Art Basics Soft Matte Gel and after it dried, I sprayed the background slightly with water, then while still wet, used Tainted Love Teal, Whale Watch Blue and South Shore Sand on the page. The exposed corrugated cardboard was sprayed with Sandra Dee Sepia.


The frames were die cut from corrugated cardboard, sprayed with Sandra Dee Sepia, then Midnight Bronze Obsidian Embossing powder was applied and heat set. It left a tortoise shell like finish. I just love it!!


All of the flowers were handcrafted and sprayed with South Shore Sand, Tainted Love Teal and Maiden hair Green. . Once they were dried I gave them a light spritz of South Shore Sand to "antique" them . It toned down the brighter colors and appeared like tea stains in some parts.


The Dusty Attic Title was also sprayed with Sandra Dee Sepia, then Midnight Bronze Obsidian Embossing powder was applied and heat embossed.The finish is amazing!! And Lindy's embossing powders are like no other. They are 2 toned. How cool is that!


This is a closeup of the textured and sprayed paper background. I used Art Basics light texture paste for a softer feel. I like that it is translucent in parts, depending on how much you apply pressure when spreading it on. Prima masks/stencils are simply fabulous! I used one for this layout.



To create the middles of the daisy like flowers, I used Art Basics soft matte gel, mixed in a tiny bit of Magicals in Glory of the Seas Gold from the Drink Me Silly set, then added the Art Basics glass beads. Amazing stuff!! Amazing texture, amazing the way it just soaks up the Magicals and distributes the color incredibly.

Thank you for joining me this week. I hope you give one of your next projects an antique vintage feel, just with a tea stained colored spray. Sandra Dee Sepia and South Shore Sand are just a couple of colors perfect for the job!!

xoxo
Lisa
Lindy's Stamp Gang Products List:
Starbust Sprays:
 Maidenhair Fern Green
Flat Fabios: 
Embossing Powder:

Don't forget to join us for the Color Challenge this month!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa! Love all of the little touches and all the love you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!