Monday, November 30, 2015

Accordian Mini Album in a Can...The Dusty Attic

Hello my Dusty Attic Divas!! I'm here to share with you an upcycled project. What do you do with empty baby formula cans??? You make a beautiful container that holds a little surprise! A little accordion mini album!!! I had to used 2 of the gorgeous colors of the November Inspiration Board once again this month.  I was inspired by the word reflect for this project because as the years go by, and you flip through the mini, you will reflect on the memories the photos capture. I hope you find some inspiration in the November Inspiration Board.


This is a full view of the can closed. The lid is plastic and I just covered it with ribbon, rope and Dusty Attic Flowers. It snaps right on.


 Here is the lid off of the can and a closeup of the lid. I lightly painted the rope with gold acrylic paint.


This is a view of the mini album in the can. I die cut chipboard and patterned paper for each page, then used a paper hinge system to attach them together.


Here is the front cover of the mini. The Vine Frame was painted with Dusty In Colour Crushed Olive with a bit of Dusty In Colour 


Here is a closeup of the album folded out. Every other page has a diecut mini caption on it. The backside pages were left blank to mount photos.


Smal photos can be mounted on the pages that are left blank.


Here are some of the pages showing the cover and a few inside pages using the chipboard.

Here is a closeup of the Lace Border chipboard. I used gold acrylic to paint it. It gives the can an elegant look.


Thank you for joining me this week for the Dusty Attic  Inspiration Board Challenge. Thank you to all that entered the Challenge. The entries are so beautiful!!  There is a chance of winning some Dusty Attic gorgeousness!!

Dusty Attic products 










2 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! Wonderful up cycle of the container!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and elegant altered can, Lisa! And, the little mini album is awesome too. Gosh, when my son was a tiny baby, the Enfamil liquid formula cans were very tall and huge.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!