Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Scraps Of Elegance October kit and Sketch Interpretation.

 This months Scraps Of Elegance kit is simply gorgeous!!  Rue De Rosiers. It is named after The most famous flea market in Paris is the one at Porte de Clignancourt, officially called Les Puces de Saint-Ouen, but known to everyone as Les Puces (The Fleas).  It covers seven hectares and is the largest antique market in the world, receiving between 120,000 to 180,000 visitors each weekend. Let your imagination and the  October kit take you there...
Here is the beautiful sketch to start your mojo flowing. Even the colors in the sketch had me drooling!! And how nice, that I get to play with The Avenues once again. So yummy!! 


 Here is my interpretation of the sketch. I always start with the intention of following it to the last detail, and it always gets away from me..But that is the joy of inspiration!! Take the path less traveled!! You will be delighted!!

 The colors of the flowers in the add on kit were beautiful and begged for a bit more color to distress them. My beautiful friend Limor Webber kindly gifted me with a set of Lindys Stamp Gang newest color set, Industrial Chic. Limor created the set and it is truly beautiful!! My favorite color combinations!! Blues, greens, teals and a bit of steel and warm brown. The colors were perfect with these papers and the kit!!


  The fall leaves were not part of the kit but begged to be placed on this layout. My very talented friend Lynne Woolgar created a tutorial to show how she created the lovely leaves. CLICK  HERE to see how she did it!!!  


I tucked some of the flowers under the photo and just realized I didnt spray them!!! oops...


I love the Heidi Swapp Definitions Stickers. Easy easy journaling!! I tucked a few in around this layout. You can see a bit of masking with texture paint I did. I used the Crafters Workshop Tiny Circles mask. 
 
 
Just another view of the flowers and leaves.

 
And a closer view of the flowers that I forgot to spray!!! lol

 
Here is a full view of one of the floral clusters and the journal sticker.


I almost don't want October to end as I want to create more with this gorgeous kit!!! To get yours, head on over to the Scraps Of Elegance store RIGHT HERE.  And to be sure that you don't miss another kit, CLICK HERE to subscribe!! Monthly beauty dropped at your doorstep every month!!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout, and the leaves are a perfect touch too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful lisa...the colors are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work, Lisa!! They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....and girl, you totally rocked it!!! Love, Love, Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, simply gorgeous! Your layering and textures are fantastic :)

    Paula <3

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!