Saturday, September 14, 2013

I am September Guest Designer at The Color Room!!

Hey there my artist friends!!! I am posting the first of my layouts as Guest Designer at The Color Room for September. Color palette #159 is up and I think it is beautiful and elegant. Lydell Quin is absolutely awesome when it comes to color palettes and sketches!! I adore each and every one of them every month!!


 Here is the beautiful sketch which I will be using with one of my next Color Room layouts.


 This is the layout for palette #159. I used a vintage Basic Grey collection for my colors.


 I found the quote on Pinterest. I printed it it up in Photoshop, then cut out the words and inked them.


The flowers are a combo of Prima and store bought Joanns Fabric flowers. The leaves are a Magnolia DooHickey die that I love.


I printed up a butterfly from one of my files, spread some Rock Candy Stickles on it and cut it in half to create the wings.


 I used a Martha Stewart punch for a light and lacy affect. And did a little machine sewing on the photo.


Just another closeup of the beautiful flowers.


Head on over to The Color Room Blog to see what the other designers have created with this palette and learn a little about me and the other designers.
Here is a file of the butterfly I used on my layout.









8 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, we seem to have some spammers with very similar comments about fast loading of blogs and asking us to visit their sites, not sure what will happen with them.
    Love your page and especially the butterfly technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the way you used the colors and the beautiful quote. Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, a wonderful color combo and love all the punched edges too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, and a wonderful colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous Lisa layout! Great job with the palette. Congrats on the GD spot, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just delightful Lisa! LOVE the fluttery lacey effects and the rich opulent colours! Beautiful beautiful work! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duh! talk about airhead - I forgot to say CONGRATS on your GDT spot too! I know you will love it! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous layout Lisa! You are so talented and I love your flower tutorials. I am a fan and follower, would love to see you visit! Always need a new scrappy friend :)
    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!