Sunday, September 1, 2013

Blue Fern Studios Partners with 7 Dots Studio the month of September and the BFS September Sketch Challenge

 What a wonderful month at Blue Fern Studios  this month. The Design Team got to partner up with 7 Dots Studio for our projects. This is cross promoting at it's best. Blue Fern Chip board and 7 Dots, just go hand in hand. For this layout I used the gorgeous 9th Wave. The colors and the patterns are simply beautiful!!

 Here is the beautiful sketch
created by the very talented Michele Singh




 I used the large Organic Vine Corner in place of the floral cluster on the sketch. I explain in the closeup post how I achieved the finish. That wonderful double circular stain you see on the page is actually a new BoBunny stamp. I just adore it!! It has smaller splatters in the set as well.

 
  I used the word Happy from the Optimist Set. This set goes a long way when you want to create titles. Or you can use multiple words on one page. I just inked it with some Vintage photo distress ink.


 I used some inked corrugated card board behind a tear out and added some lace and a flower.


 I used a variety of flowers for  the cluster. Lots of old Prima from my stash. And some Kaiserkraft.


I used a Sizzix embossing folder to create the leafy vines and just cut out the raised part of the design. I added a little ink on the raised parts for a little color.


Here is a closeup of the vine. 


I decided to use 2 photos on this layout and topped them with a Sizzix die cut and inked it with some Vintage Photo distress ink.  Then I framed one of the photo's with some twine.


For the  Large Organic Vine Corner, I painted it with some Silks Acrylic Glaze in Afrikan Jade and Guatemalen Green, then after it dried, rubbed some Viva Inka Gold Metallic Rub in Gold over the surface ever so lightly for a patina finish. The Blue Fern Studios chipboard takes on so many mediums brilliantly. This technique is so rich looking. In real life it looks like a piece of fine forged metal.


  The Optimist Set


       Large Organic Vine Corner
     

Thank you for stopping by to check out new ways to use the beautiful Blue Fern Studios chip board. Please visit the Blue Fern Studios Blog for much more beautiful inspiration from the design team.



8 comments:

  1. Drop dead gorgeous work on this one, Lisa! The corner chippie is amazing! I am also loving the BB stamp. Sounds like I need to do some chopping! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Love the colours and the way you put the pictures in you project. Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.aannekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, adorable, Lisa! Love all the details.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fave, and that's saying something! The colors and depth and texture are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool and sweet, what would we ever do without all these wonderful diea and diecuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done. I can't wait for Evgenia to bring me some 7Dots papers from her store in Russia...and she is bringing me some Shimmerz too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so loved this page when I first saw it and now that I can admire the details even closer up - wowzer! Sandi C says it so well: drop dead gorgeous is what it is!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!