Friday, March 15, 2013

The CropStop Guest Design Creation.



I am back again this week at The CropStop to share another creation with you created with products straight from the CropStop online store!!


 Even though we live in Florida, every November we vacation in Daytona for the yearly Turkey Rod Run. My favorite part when staying at the Hilton right on the beach, are the sunrises. We live on the West Coast of Florida and get the gorgeous sunsets, and hop over to the other side of the state for the sunrises. How lucky are we!! I thought the perfect paper for my layout is the new Prima Sunrise/Sunset. The colors were a match made in heaven. And adding all of the goodness from The CropStop was just icing on the cake!!

 To create the photo mat, I embossed the La Blanche specialty stamping paper with the Couture Creations Crazy Daisy Embossing Folder, sprayed it with a variety of mists, and wiped it down while it was still wet.  Using my sewing machine, I sewed around the perimeter of the mat and then distressed the edges.

 Next, I stamped the leaves onto the La Blanche specialty stamping  paper using Tsukineko Black Memento Ink.  When the ink was dry, I sprayed them with a couple of different mist colors.  While the mists were still wet, I blotted the colors to help blend them a bit.  Then, with a paint brush, added some green mist to further blend them together.  The flowers and punched butterfly were all placed on a craft mat and sprayed with a variety of colors to match the papers, then dried using my ZAP! heat embossing tool.

I love mixed media, and that is where I discovered Liquitex Light Modeling Paste which I used along with  the Crafter's Workshop Love Birds Template to add texture to the layout. 

I reversed the template and placed birds and leaves in different positions in opposite corners of the page.  

I then  arranged the flowers, leaves, and butterfly around the matted photo, adding some misted gauze under the cluster at the corner.

Thank you, CropStop
, for having me as a Guest Designer and sending me so much gorgeous product to work with!!  Stop by the CropStop next week on Thursday March 22nd, where I will share my 3rd creation with you all!!

Supplies
Liquitex Light Modeling Paste
Martha Stewart Large Double Butterfly Punch
Tonic Studios Paper Distresser 
Tsukineko Memento Black Tuxedo Ink 
ZAP! Heat Embossing Tool


Visit the CropStop Store today for your crafting needs.  Use the CropStop Blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa, what a lot of great texture on this page, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful art. Such glorious color that is framing your photo to perfection ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, those colors! Just what I need (we had another snow storm yesterday -sigh)
    Fabulous work, Lisa! Just so creative, perfect and wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats:) gorgeous layout lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, Lisa! The colors are Sooo pretty with that gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is glorious - what golden gorgeousness! Love the little textured bird too, what a great touch...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!