Thursday, July 5, 2012

Swirlydoos July Kit Blog Hop featuring "Paper Dolls"

                  Welcome to Swirlydoos' July Kit Reveal Blog Hop 
                                      Block Party!!

If you came here from Heidi 's blog, then you are on the right track.  If not, go back to Swirlydoos' blog and start from there.  We have some amazing projects for you to see today !!

I just love my Martha Stewart punches and Crochet Lace is one of my faves.  I did a little machine sewing around the page and added a bit of gesso for texture.

 The flowers were created with Spellbinders Grand Peonies Die and layered, then the sweet roses in the kit were added to the middle. I touched the edges of the petals with gesso and added some Stickles. I can do a quick tutorial within the next couple of days.


The butterflies are a file I created a while back for another kit, but they worked so well with this kit. You can find the ones that match the papers in this current kit  HERE in the Swirlydoos forum.


The sweet vine is from Cheery Lynn Designs. I just adore it! The tiny flowers were created using the smallest Retro Punch and about 4 -5 layers. Then the middle is a dot of liquid pearls.


Just a closer look at the flowers.


 This next layout I had a lot of fun doing. I wanted a muted beachy feel to it and remembered a Miss Paper Arts Class that Stacey Young did, and wanted to give it a try. I changed it up slightly with the masking and flowers, but the basic design and techniques are what I followed from Staceys wonderful tutorial.And with 67 bottles of Glimmer Mist in my arsenal, I really should start using them more often!! I covered the parts where I used the texture paste, but it is peeking out here and there. I also discovered that if you splat a drop of Glimmer Mist in your page then blow it in different directions using a straw, you get AMAZING splats!!


The flowers are from the Flower add on kit and I stamped the Spellbinders Foliage leaves with the coordinating Heartfelt Creations Leaf Medley PreCut Set from the  Botanical Collection Stamp set.


Living in Florida gives me the benefit of shell collecting on the beach. I have quite the collection and now I have found a new way to use them in mixed media art.


 I love the Tattered Banners for title work .I added the tiny letters that I created in Photoshop.


The touch of hemp around the photo and trailing off  to the side gives the illusion of being wind swept.


The little birdbath  with the birds are just darling. I placed one of the birds in little Nikki's hand,



You have until midnight, eastern time, on Monday, July 9th to complete the hop. Winners will be announced on the Swirlydoos Blog on July 10th.  In order to qualify to win here is what you need to do:
1: Visit all of the blogs and leave a comment on each. This way we know you were there. Become a follower if you're not already. Take your time. There are REALLY beautiful things to see along the way.
2: Before you leave each blog, look for the “special” words and write it down.
Once you have visited all the blogs and collected all the special words, they will create a QUESTION.
3: Finally, go back to the Swirlydoos blog and leave a comment letting us know how much fun you had, tell us the QUESTION that was created with all of the special words you collected, and  THEN ANSWER it!!    Can't wait to hear from you.


My special word is : YOU



The party continues over at Petaloo's blog.  Have fun!

81 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Lisa! You have created the most beautiful layouts here.. The flowers are stunning and knowing you made them makes them even more special.. love both of these... love em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful work this month!! I love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flowers♥ Beautiful layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, love your work. Your flowers are gorgeous. Can't wait to get my kit.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page!! So much wonderful detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I check your site every day. You always amaze me. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as always beautiful flowers and layouts to go with them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, Love the flowers.... Soooo stunning and the butterflies are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow..... I so love your work this month. I love all your punch work and amazing flowers. You rocked this kit honey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, you work is always so gorgeous and inspiring! Amazing flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisayour layouts are beautiful as always. I love this "Stacey Young" layout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa, your work is alway just fabulous. You have such a wonderful eye for design. Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layouts! Thanks for the paint tips!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow what a great blog. Just love all your layouts and love the flowers. How many bottles of glimmer mist!!!???!!! Will be back soon for the flower tutorial. BFN

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flowers are gorgeous and so is that beachy layout...love the feel of it and all of your details!! amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. p.s. fogot to say thank you for the butterfly link

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beuatiful as ever. Love the beach themed layout.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The flowers, the butterflies - so breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful as always! Love the flower tuts and the layout with the shells is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your layouts they just make me smile. They are so watm and inviting! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love everything about each one of these, the flowers, butterflies, shells, the colors, all the techniques you used. I am so inspired I just need to finish this hop and go create something!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty layouts - TFS, Bonnie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful...thanks for sharing. I love blog hops as I always get inspired to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Summer treasures" layout is so delicate and inspiring. Your flowers, as always, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your work always puts a BIG smile on my face! Love those peony flowers!! I just looked at that die and thought "No, I don't need it." DUH... YES I do! Can't wait for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful layouts, as always! I love what you did with the seashells! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just keep going back for another look at your amazing layouts. Your pages are always so whimsical and elegant - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lisa your work is always Breathtakingly GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous pages! Your flowers are beautiful. Thanks for the link to the butterflys!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous work, Lisa! Love your Stacey Young inspired beach layout.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great layouts. Love the hemp frome on the beachy page.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Damn, now I have to buy at least 3 more punches!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow... Your work is fabulous. Such a wonderful eye for details.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, these are gorgeous! I love the twine & seashells you added, stunning! I'm definitely a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your vines & flowers are always amazing Lisa! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beauties!! I love these! They are so fun to look at and all those pretty details.. WOW!! I became a follower of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Once again I BOW to the Flower Makin' Queen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVELY, LOVELY. Wonderful flowers, love the use of the Glimmer Mist!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great layouts and flowers! Love the beach layout!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I loved the idea to use the shells... They gave a special touch to your beautiful layouts !

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gee Lisa, I see you've been up to it again. I just can't seem to stay away from your blog, lol. Not that I'd want to. You're always doing something inspirational, and today is no exception. That little vine die is adorable. And I really like the hint of gauze? Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your work is so beautiful. Love the vine you use on your lo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Amazing layouts, Lisa! I love the one with the little girl- very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Awesome layouts! love all the details and textures. What a great look using gauze.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your layouts are beautiful and fun - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Stunning work, Lisa!! Your flowers are drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  47. awesome, as always, you flowers and detailed work are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOW is all i have to say - just love the detail and the HOP - thank you for sharing....I want to try make those flowers though...

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous!!!! Love the way you layer the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lisa! I am so impressed by your layouts. Your flowers are fabulous as usual and the second layout is so different from your usual style. I love it how you can rock any kind of style. Adorable little details and beautiful design

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hello from a raining in Norway!
    I love your homemade flowers! and your MS punch:)
    hugs janniche

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love your work and tutorials! Can't wait for the new one on these flowers! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love your LO and I would definitly like to see the tutorial on the flowers. Your work is beautiful and very inspiring. You are beautiful and a beautiful smile!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  54. Lisa you work is beautiful as usual. Love the flowers. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  55. oh my gosh I love the blue and pink on the second LO! And the flowers!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beatiful pages! Your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Amazing such fabulous layouts and inspiring ideas just wonderful! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  58. Amazing such fabulous layouts and inspiring ideas just wonderful! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful layouts, love your peonies, your details are amazing! I like your layout with the shells, amazing details there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. How beautiful, these LO's are works of art, your flowers are awesome. You have knocked this kit out of the park! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I am blown away by your gorgeous layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your Layouts are gorgeous! Love the way you work with the colors!
    Kisses
    Hera Sugitani

    ReplyDelete
  63. love those spellbinders flowers too cute! love your take on the kit too

    ReplyDelete
  64. Gorgeous layouts! So much texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. What a great idea on how to use shells. I love the 2nd layout. The muted colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  66. You have such a creative knack for pulling together so many different elements and creating such a work of he"art" on your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  67. So great. I love all the masking and misting on your second layout.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Girl, your layouts take my breath away. Absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!