Wednesday, February 23, 2011

HAPPY HEARTFELT CREATIONS WEDNESDAY!!

I cannot believe that it is Wednesday already..But that only means you can see all of this weeks Designer Creations on the Heartfelt Creations Blog!! And what a week this is!! The cards and projects are absolutely beautiful!! I love how we all give step by step instructions on the creations...You can follow them easily.
I have used my February Swirlydoos kit to create this LO. I did a photo shoot a couple of weeks ago and this is one of the pictures cropped. Little Anthony holding to daddy's hand. He was precious. The flowers were all stamped, cut apart, layered and curled for dimension. Love love the Coordinations Paper from Graphic 45. I did some sanding to give it a distressed looked. If you check out the Heartfelt Creations blog, I give details on how I did this LO. For the title, I made my Faux Scrabble letters. This time I printed up the files on 5 x 7 paper for smaller tiles. I then glued the whole sheet to chipboard and then cut out the rows of letters, then cut them apart. You can follow the tutorial here.





12 x 12 card stock was punched with Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page Set Double Arches , and the used a sander to bring out the raised areas of the paper. I weaved ribbon through the bottom 6 x 6 Prima Flora Fairy paper then it was adhered and offset slightly to the right. The picture was then adhered to the mat. The decorative corners were then adhered to both right side corners. The sunflower stamps were stamped onto blue card stock using black ink. There are 2 stamped images for each of the larger flowers. And 1 layer for the buds. The stamped images were die cut, then cut between the petals, then sprayed slightly with Glimmer Mist and wrinkled slightly. When the stamped flowers are dry, curl the ends in different directions for dimension. The middles are punches layered for stamen. The buds are a single stamped image folded in half and curled to mimic buds. the punched stamen were tucked in the flower. The leaves were cut out, and painted with Glimmer Mist. They were arranged on the side of the page. The butterflies were printed cut out and covered with Rock Candy Stickles and placed around the page. . The faux scrabble tiles were printed on card stock, backed with chipboard, covered with Glossy Accents, cut out and arranged at the bottom of the page.

5 comments:

  1. Breathtakingly beautiful...and so poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning layout!! I love the flowers & the decorative scroll corners! Pic is so sweet!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is so touching...the photo is timeless and precious...and the sentiment tugs at my heartstrings...as ususal, your flowers are amazing...love the buds...and the blue color is so striking!! You always inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is beautiful. I have a question, though. I have the same Martha Stewart punch set, and I can't get it to line up for anything at the corners. I've tried several times, and now, I'm just aggravated with the punch set! How did you get it to work out so perfectly? Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!