Tuesday, October 5, 2010

***New Flower Tutorial*** Contest Winner name!! "Savage Beauties"



I thought it was time for another flower tutorial for Swirlydoos, and I have 2 more up my sleeve. I was inspired by Prima's new Vivian Eliza flowers. I just had to create my own version. So here they are, and any one that comes up with a great name for them, and I choose that name, I will send you a custom pack of 3 of the yet to be named hand made flowers.
You must leave your suggested name here at Swirlydoos
So head on over to Swirlydoos and name that flower!!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.
Product List

*Flower Punches in 2 sizes Large and Small similar to the ones shown (or electronic die cuts) the small one should have more than 5 petals for a fluffy effect
*Tulip Puffy Paint
*Heat gun
*tweezers (long handle) optional
*ink pad (coordinate color with misting spray)
* Glimmer Mist, Smooch, Moon Mist etc...(coordinate color with ink)
*adhesive of your choice (not shown)
*Spray bottle with water (mini misters are wonderful)
*tiny brads




Punch 2 of the larger flowers and 7 of the smaller flowers. I used the cream colored Bazzill cardstock from our add on card stock kit this month.




With your ink, just ink the middle of the larger flowers, just going slightly out towards the petals, but not to the tips.
Then spray your smaller flowers on both sides with your choise of color spray. I used Glimmer Mist in 2 colors.




While the smaller flowers are still slightly damp from your misting, start stacking them onto your brad staggering each flower as you go.
If they are dry, you can mist them slightly with your water mister'
Secure your brad.




Now starting with the top layer, gather your petals together and start pinching them upwards as shown, taking one layer at a time.





When you have pinched up the last layer, squish it slightly on top so that you are smashing the petals, and they will naturally curl inwards.




I scrunched one more than the other. You could take the petals apart a little for a looser effect.




Mist your larger flowers slighting with water and scrunch your petals to distress them a bit. I accordion pinch the petals slightly. Let them dry completely.




Glue the 2 flowers together staggering your petals. Then twist the top flower petals slightly for more dimension.





Now glue your smaller flower clusters to the middle of your larger flower.




Using your Tulip Puffy Paint, following the outline of your larger flower petals, squeeze the paint on the very edges of the petal in a thin line as shown. This is where the tweezers come in handy to rotate the flower as you go along the edges. Does not have to be perfect. The imperfections will really give it character.



Now, let the puffy paint dry slightly, 15 minutes or so. Then very carefully take your heat gun to the edges of the petals and using constant motion while your heat drying, watch the paint start to puff!! But be very careful, don't get to close or the paint or the paper will burn!!
When it is dry and cooled down, just touch the paint with a very small amount of ink. Just a touch.

I LOVE PUFFY PAINT!!!!




Just a few angles of the 3 I did. they really are fast and easy!! Have fun and show me what you can do!!
AND NAME MY FLOWER!!!!!



70 comments:

  1. These are so very pretty! I have no names to suggest, as I have a very hard time naming my own, but these are just beautiful! Thanks so much for so generously sharing the tutorial with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful..Wowzah!! I love all of your flower tutes, I need to start putting these tutes to good use..LOL
    loving this one.. :)
    Hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! These are incredibly magnificent! I absolutely love these! Thanks so much for being so kind to share with the rest of us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good, I'd swear they are professionally made...

    And in a very real way, they are, aren't they? I'm in awe of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!! those are gorgeous!!! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. moon blossoms
    They are beautiful, mine never come out looking as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous, I said Mini Maggies because they remind me of the beautiful Magnolia flower.

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lisa, these look exactly like the ones I posted in my layouts this month for MCS!...guess great minds think alike huh?

    ~Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful. All I need is some of that puffy paint stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful flowers! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo FABULOUS...love your flowers, going to get me some puffy paint today! Thank you for the amazing tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! these flowers are amazing, they are so beautiful. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks you for sharing these beautiful flowers. I would like to name them Pretty Perfection. I am looking forward to trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another awesome tutorial Lisa... thank you!!! :) God bless you and your family and big, big hugs... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! These are gorgeous! Great tutorial, love them. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are definitely Gardenias! My absolute favorite flower (although the Peony runs a VERY close second). Have you ever smelled a Gardenia? They have the most beautiful perfume! All of your flowers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh..these are wonderful! I need to get some puffy paint

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Lisa, you are the flower queen! I just tried my hand at making these flowers -So fun! Thanks for all of your inspiration!!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh WOW.. I will definitely will try this tutorial. The flowers are fabulous!
    Hugs,
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous! Love your tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your work! I have everything I need to try these flowers. I am new. Sometimes the petals at the base of the petal when I shape them. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa these are just amazingly beautiful!! I love that you are always willing to share your techniques and encourage us to scrap lift from you!! Imitation is the highest form of flattery and we all want to imitate you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Renea!!! Savage Beauties it is!!! Your Beauties are on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful flowers hun!!! I LOVE them, I will have to try these out some day. As for a name I would name them Bella handmade flowers(meaning Beautiful in italian) Have a wonderful day :)
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful... I love them! Thank´s for sharing.... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have tried to do your flowers... It´s so fun to do and its on a tag. Thank´s for the tutorial and I´m going to do this often...
    Hugs Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my word, haven't seen paper flowers this gorgeous anywhere!! I found you via Pineterest, now I have to check out your whole blog! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are gorgeous flowers. I love how you have the paint on the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous! Stopping by via Pinterest. Glad I found you! I really want to try your tutorial. Sorry I don't have a name to leave :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are incredible. I must admit I am obsessed with making paper flowers and these are the prettiest yet. Thank ou for the technique and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are exquisite. I must admit that I am obsessed with paper flowers and these are the prettiest I've seen anywhere. Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh these are just adorable...I can't wait to play with them in my craft room and I love the name you have chosen "Savage Beauties"...perfect...:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely gorgeous & they seem so easy. I will have to try my hand at them this weekend. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome.. Feel like trying them asap.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love making paper flowers, and have to admit, this is my favorite so far...and I've made many. I posted a card today and included a link to yours. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So very pretty! I love making paper flowers too. You have so many beautiful ideas for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great tutorial and i love your flowers, i've been hoarding some puff paint so now i know what to do with it , thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love these! Can't wait to try them! Ty for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lisa,
    Great tutorial! I saw a flower picture on Colourbox.com that looks just like your flower. It was called "Beauty Water Lilly". So I would call it: Lisa's Little Beauties.
    Thanks,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful I cant wait yo try

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful I cant wait to try my own. I think a good name is Golden Sunset.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!