Friday, May 14, 2010

Beautiful Melody






This is a Design Team LO for Swirlydoos, using the May kit "Le Vie en Rose". Because of Swirlydoos camp and my work schedule, I wasn't able to make reveal day in time. I opted to take my kit to camp!!. This was also done for Tina's SGC Challenge May ~ Distress and Layers challenge. 5 or more distressed layers and a hand made rose as the twist. Tina used my coffee filter Rose tutorial at Swirlydoos, and perfected a distressed technique in altering the flower even further..more realistic, more beautiful!! The leaves were cut from a Sizzix die and embossed with my Cuttlebug and folder. Then they were inked and rolled for a more realistic look. The book page in my photo mat came from a book that my friend at work found for me on one of her many garage sale haunts...Swiss Family Robinson. The copyright??? 1899...Almost sacrilege to tear out pages, but they are so weathered and beautiful..Thanks Robin, for the wonderful find!!!! Love Martha's Deco Scallop punch!! I used Coordinations cardstock, then embossed and sanded to bring out the red under the black..Love that paper!! Used Gabriellep's scallop edge technique, but Robins run it under the water technique to soften paper. This was a great kit to work with, I have much more to use!!

10 comments:

  1. Amazing to see so many techniques taught by such amazingly generous scrappers all on this one layout...well done Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the roses are gorgeous! I just bought that distresser, too. ;o) Thank you for the great advice for my camera, Lisa!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful layout and photo. Like the brown border design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are goreous Lisa!! love this amazing lo!! what a gorgeous and sweet photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is just stunning and so inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This LO is just gorgeous, love all your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those roses are awesome! I'm going to pull out the cuttlebug and do some of those! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous lo!! Love your Work!!! I have something in my blog for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no words Lisa..this is just so beautiful and inspiring. I'm blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This layout is FABULOUS! I love all of the many details and colors! :D

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!