Sunday, February 28, 2010

Butterfly Wishes

Today is reveal Day for Swirlydoos March kit "Butterfly Wishes"...The kit is packed with Prima goodness and it is one of my favorite kits so far...But arent they all!! so without further ado....Here are 5 of my LO's... Still working on more...



This is my version of the March Butterfly Whispers sketch by Beggahuna. Loved it. Even though some of the the embellies weren't to scale, it still gave me great inspiration on this LO. I made the paper lace using my Moroccan Lace edge punch. That one is one of my faves. I painted the chip board flourish and layered the little flowers. The letters were die cut using my Quickutz Storybook die for the lower case letters, the upper case were from my Sizzix Sizzlets Endless Love alpha dies. I used one of The Crafter's Workshop templates to cut the scallops on my paper. The photos are my DD...




When my DD was a wee little one, we had a couple of nick names for her, one of which was doodle bug..I just loved the butterfly paper in this kit, it reminded me of Angelica...She loves her beautiful butterflies. I found a way to use those beautiful crystal cluster fronds...The stick pin was created by Mandy (craftlysprinkles) they can be found in her Etsy shop..She is so creative!! I found a use for the crystal fronds, I used them as butterfly bodies!! I used the package backing to die cut the little leafy vines, the color was perfect. I saved all the packaging.I die cut the label with my new Spellbinders dies, then used the embossing mat to bring out the detail. My DD helped me cut hundreds of little letters I printed out using Microsoft Wrd, and inked each letter, then separated them in little bags. Now I have plenty of mini letters when I want. That was a lot of work, but she wanted to help. My little Doodle Bug...



These are pics of my sisters grand baby Nicole Yasmine, we call her Nikki. . Took them last time they visited. This LO was inspired by the wonderful Nic Howard. Just love her work!! I tried to keep this one simple. The Prima felt piece was going the wrong way for me, so I reversed the pattern and cut it out of card stock. I took the little Prima bouquet apart and used the lilies and ribbon on this LO. The photo frame is Sizzix. I covered the chip board letters with paper.




The papers are Primas brand new Flights of Fancy..So pretty!! The kit is packed with Prima goodness. I also used my leafy vines that I created for February's kit. Did some corset stitching and distress inking.




Pic is my mom, whose smile could light the world. Followed Robin's (Loves2create) very first sketch on this one.So beautiful!! Made the big rose, the tiny cabbage roses and used one of my Sizzix dies for the little flourishes. Love that Prima butterfly!! Tried gabriellep's ruffled edge that she taught us how to do..Thanks Gabi!!

4 comments:

  1. Your works is always amazing and so full of details...so much eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...as always Lisa.

    I just love how every new kit becomes our favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work !! the first one is my favorite .they are all stunning .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layouts, especially Beautiful Dreamer - the photos are great!

    You are linked at Create With Joy under Inspirations - hope you'll visit & say hello when you have a moment!

    Hugs
    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing your beautiful words!!!!